Assistance for the maternity
A) The Secretary or any other officer authorized in the behalf by the Board, shall on an application from a registered woman construction worker, sanction [a sum of Rs. 15,000(rupees fifteen thousand only)], only for first two deliveries, on her producing proof of delivery of a child to her.
B) Amount shall be sanctioned, only if the conditions are filled namely.
- A minimum of one year shall have lapsed from the date of registration of the applicant as a construction worker with the Board, to the delivery of the child;
- The registered woman construction worker can get this assistance only twice [and that the second claim application shall be accompanied by an affidavit stating that the claim is for second delivery];
- The registered woman construction worker shall have no dues payable to the Board; and
- The registered woman construction worker shall not be given this assistance if she already has two living children.
- The certification of registration of birth obtained from the registrar of births and deaths shall be produced along with the application
C) The application for claiming the amount specified in the sub-rule (1), shall be in Form XVII